Thursday, February 7, 2008

R.I.P Sheldon Brown

So I know that I should have done this a few days ago, but I am a lazy bastard and I didn't really want to believe it. So I am sure that you know that Sheldon Brown, died of a massive heart attack.

I am very sadden by this and I don't know how to properly express myself. I learned so much from going to his website about how to fix my bike. He was an excellent source of bicycle knowledge and I hope that new bicycle riders will go to his page to learn for themselves and to learn how to properly maintain their bicycles and his love for them (bikes).

There is no way I will ever forget him, even though I never meet him. He was an inspiration. I only hope that I can help and touch people as much as he did with his knowledge. One of my favorite things about him, is that he built and rode a fixed gear tandem bike, and his wife would ride it with him.

There is going to be a memorial ride this Sunday @4pm on the Lamar pedestrian bridge. here in Austin. I am sure there are many other rides in this nature going to happen all over the world.

I encourage you to look up if there is one in your city and go, if not make one for your city, and if no one cares and you do, go out and ride in his memory.

May you rest in peace my friend, you will be missed.

Below are some of his many bicycles that he owned and rode.




No comments:

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter