Monday, February 18, 2008

planes trains and bicycle's

So I think one of the ways that I am going to start traveling to Ft. Worth is by train.
It is about the same ass driving. The cost is about thirty one dollars each way. Driving in the car is about the same price a little more. I figure that this is another way that I can not drive a car. I can bring my bike on the train with me and when I hit funky town jump on and start riding.

I have been wanting to ride in funky town for awhile. Jenn and I took our bikes up there not to long ago, but didn't get much riding done. this way I can get some riding in even when I am on a mini vacation. the first train ride will probably be in June, unless Jenny wants to go up there before that.

This will also give me a chance to ride with some of the fort worth kids that are on the FFW forums. Not to mention, I can see how I fare riding in funky town in comparison to the ATX.

There will be one major difference. Bike lanes. The DFW area has bike lanes, but they are not marked, like they are in Austin. This will be somewhat of an issue, but I don't think it will be that bad. I will get into contact with some folks who ride up there on a regular basis and see what they say.

til next time

OLC

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you usually ride in bike lanes? Most of the streets I regularly cruise don't have 'em. Maybe 10-15% of my commute has 'em. I could take it or leave it.

one Les car said...

yeah, i ride in the street all the time and parts of my commute doesn't have them. Funky town just isn't as friendly

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter