Tuesday, October 14, 2008

*Update on the bike wars* ATX

So a few days back I wrote on the bike wars that are going on in ATX. As I said previously I emailed CL and the APD. Well, I got a response from both.

This is from CL,

Hi Les,

I'm not sure, but it sounds like this may be a matter for law enforcement.
We can work directly with the police or other agencies if they need any
information from our systems. Please feel free to forward my name and
email address to the authorities if they need a point of contact here at
craigslist.

Additional craigslist contact information for law enforcement can be found
on this page:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/subpoenas_and_search_warrants


Thanks,
Clint



This is from APD,

Mr. Bennett, thank you for the information you provided. I just wanted to let you know that the information is being researched. Please contact me at my office if you have any additional information you think would be helpful in identifying this subject and any behavior related to a crime.



Kris Thompson #2385

Sergeant

Vehicular Homicide

974-6989



I know that whoever was posting all of the stupid shit on CL is probably just trying to have some fun, but I don't think that it is funny. Neither do a few other people I know. So APD is now involved, and hopefully if they get his IP address and find out who he is, then when he does hit a cyclist he will get in trouble. Maybe if he already hit one and it was deemed an accident, they will actually prosecute him for that.... I dunno. I just don't want to read in the paper that a cyclist was hit anymore.


til next time


OLC

1 comment:

teeney said...

Thanks for doing this.

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter