Monday, October 27, 2008

After the Race

Thank you to everyone that came out last night. I hope you had fun, I did up until the pain in my leg came on full force and I needed to get home to get it elevated. The race is not one that I think any of us will forget anytime soon.If you want a copy of the Manifest and map, I will post the pictures below.



Halloween Alley cat October 26th 2008
Starts Wahoo’s Finishes at Wahoo’s

You do not have to go in any particular order. You will have to take pictures at some of the checkpoints. Make sure you have your camera!!!!

Stops in no particular order.
1. Hula Hut 3825 Lake Austin Blvd
2. Draught house 4112 Medical Pkwy
3. Carousel Lounge 1110 E 52nd St
4. Old Yellow Bike Project 2013 E 51st
5. Austin Athletic Comm Intersection of Pleasant Valley and Elmont
(bus stop further E. on Elmont)
Back To Wahoo’s


Stay for award ceremony, food and beer!!!!!!!!



By entering this race, you are solely responsible for your own well being. Please think while you are racing. No prize is worth your life. We want you to have fun, but we want you alive more.

Thanks to Wahoo’s for providing food, tasty beverages, and a place to start and finish the race. Come back and support these rad motherfuckers!!!!








So there you have it. I don't have the pictures of the award ceremony yet, and Jenn has the copy of all the places. I will post those (places) tomorrow. As soon as I get pictures from everything I will post those up as well.

Again, thanks to everyone who came out, and if you didn't make it then you truly did miss out. Also thank you Becca for the shirt and reflective band! It means a lot to me that people I don't know, but "know" me are pulling for me to get better.



til next time


OLC

2 comments:

Maureen Grady said...

fun fun fun race, les! cant wait to see pics. anyone have them on the world wide web?! i saw a lot of camera action at the afterparty/eating and drinking fest! post up some links!

thanks again!
p.s. mo.grady@gmail.com ...lets talk about an all ladies event!

one Les car said...

Maureen, I posted some on my myspace. I am also going to post some on the blog here in a second. My email is lesbennett@ymail.com

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter