Tuesday, November 25, 2008

my new b-i-c-y-c-l-e

I picked up my brand spankin' "it's new to me" bicycle last week which I am utterly excited about!!

I spent all day Friday (well, not all day) riding about my neighborhood and getting comfortable with this crazy new brake system. Let me tell you, it is so weird coasting and a little scary at times. First off, I couldn't stop pedaling..even when I didn't have to. My feets are used to fixed gear, so this is going to take some adjusting. INSANE! I will post a picture of it at a later time I actually tried doing it on Friday but ran into some problems with hard drives and memory cards and blah blah blah. Then, I got frustrated and gave up :)

What is very exciting is that I will be able to ride my new geared bike to and from work every Friday. It will be nice to have a substantial amount of riding in my routine again, even if it is only for one day. As for this car situation goes, last week I drove 378 miles. 378 miles!! I know this is only temporary (driving to work and all), but this too will take some getting used to.

CONGRATS to Jason for being appointed to the Bicycle Advisory Committee!!! Very awesome news. As for everything else, I'm off work at 3PM tomorrow, and then the Thanksgiving weekend full of fun, family, awesome food, and even more delicious beer awaits Les and I. Everyone be safe out there - no more injured cyclists!!

lovelovelove

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks! I can't wait to see pics of your bike (or the bike in person). New bike day is always awesome!

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter