Wednesday, November 19, 2008

a first time for everything

As you all know, Les has asked for some help keeping up with his blog. He's a busy boy with his new job and all, so I'm taking on the task of second-in-command over "the blog."

I'm really really new at this blog stuff, and I'm not sure how much help I will actually be, but I will try to contribute something exciting. As I stare at a computer all day long, the last thing I want to do when I get home is stare at another computer screen, so most of these posts - if not all - will be done at work. Thank you work for paying me to write blogs for my boyfriend!! I can honestly say I've only used my laptop at home maybe 2 or 3 times since starting my big girl job. Computers and technology are just not my thing. I end up breaking every technological device I own, and have gone back to basics, so bear with me.

Now, on to bike stuff.

Good news is that I will be the proud owner of a geared bike hopefully by the end of the day. Lee called Les and I last night to say my bike was pretty much complete minus the bar tape. The bike is a bright blue color with yellow lettering. Instead of making it look completely hideous (which is usually how I like things to look) and choosing a sea foam green, light pink, or tan color bar tape, I just decided to go with .. white. yummy. Now that I have a geared bike, I hope I can begin riding to work again in a relatively short period of time.

As all of you know, Les has started training at Apple again, and I get to drive him to work :) sucky part about that though is we work on opposite ends of the earth, so we end up spending roughly 2-3 hours a day in my car (spending 2-3 hours in my car used to take about 2-3 weeks). He works north west, and I work south west. boo.

Tomorrow is the Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting. I applied, was frustrated by one of the members (which Les posted a blog about), and I'm not sure what to expect out of the whole situation. It would be really awesome if any of us daily commuters who applied are given a position. Good luck to everyone!! Hopefully traffic will be on my side tomorrow so Les and I can make it to the meeting. I'm a little terrified to go. Will they ask you questions if you show up? Will they tell me I suck? I feel like if I go to the meeting I might experience the same sensation as being picked last in gym class. You know? (uh oh Les, that's one for me) Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Good luck again everyone. I'm off to eat a banana!

P.S. There is only one more day to vote on how/if Les should ride in the MS150. Everyone go vote to ride a tandem!! You can only vote once, so that ruins my plan of voting a billion times for tandem, but don't let it stop you!!

2 comments:

one Les car said...

Congrats on getting your new bike! I can't wait to see you riding it around and for me to get to buy you new stuff for it. What I can't wait for even more is for me to ride with you!!!

Unknown said...

Rad, yet another one of those blogging bicycle types.

Good luck at the meeting, I'm gonna be there too and don't know exactly what to expect either. We'll see.

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter