Monday, March 17, 2008

oh me oh my..... fucking south by

Man alive. I am so exhausted from SXSW. Just a disclaimer also. I was very drunk during this past week/weekend so the days may get a little confused and jumbled together.

Wednesday Day One: I got up and went to work early got off around two and the debauchery started. Jenn and I went over the to the Fuck by Fuck Y'all party at the typewriter museum. They had free beer and free shows. We watched a couple of bands and hopped over to the Scoot Inn, where they had free shows and free Live Oak beer. We saw a band named Blanco I think. We then headed over to Mrs. Bea's and saw this guy named Hawnay Troof. This guy was crazy. He was in a suit made out polyester and bouncing all around, jumping and trees, and off of tables. We tried to go and see the Islands at Cedar Street Courtyard, but needed a badge. So we went back to the typewriter and drank some more before heading to the house.

Thursday Day Two: Jenny had to open, and I was off, so I started my day over at the typewriter. I was waiting for some bands to start and I was drinking some coffee and heard someone over at Scoot Inn and it was this band called Nico Vega they are from LA and I dug on them a lot. Good sound. They also had free breakfast taco's and vitamin water and energy, along with the glacier water also. I hadn't had beer yet so I ate a taco and drank three bottles of water (since I was still hungover) and a couple of energy ones too. After that I went back to the typewriter and started drinking and waiting for Jenn to get off. Saw a couple more bands (can't remember their names) and then Jenny showed up. We took off to Mrs. Bea's again and brought our own beer (theirs wasn't free) and watched a band or two and then went back to the Scoot Inn. We bounced around to a few more spots and then headed home.


Friday Day Three: Again this day started at typewriter. I mean it is hard to pass up a good thing of free beer. I did always tip them very well and bought t-shirts and poster and what not. Jenn had to open this day also, so I had to wait for her to get off before we could meet up and see shows. I saw a band called The Music Box. They were really good, they had a mini banjo player, washboard,up right bass trumpet and acoustic guitar players. I think my favorite song by them was fucking on the freight train. We did the normal rounds of seeing bands that were free and and free booze. We also made an appearance at the jackalope and then went to Mohawk to actually see the islands. That show was really good and I believe that Saul Williams mad a guest appearance... I could be wrong though. Either way it was really good and the show was good. We also got to see Nada Surf at the Beauty Bar, which they had an open bar also. Jenn went home during the show to take a nap from being exhausted, and meet back up with me at the typewriter. We then popped over to the Scoot Inn again and tried to get into the Del the funky homo sapien show, but couldn't. So we sat and listened to the show. After that we went over to Andy Anderson's house and drank more free beer and heard Nick Kraus and his Austin Torpedo's The Dirty Sound and The Come Lately's. We left there and didn't get home til about five in the morning.

Saturday Day Four: Holy Fuck, by this time I haven't had much sleep and been drunk the entire time. Jenn didn't have to work and we took it easy for the most part. We saw some shows, drank some beer and kind of called it an early night around eleven or twelve. I can't even remember who or what we saw and did.

Sunday Day Five: I wasn't going to race in the Skull by Skull Now race, but changed my mind and did it anyways. The race was fun and here is a link to what the race looked like and about how far it was. I ended up getting forth and there was a party thrown by the SkidMarxxx crew, after the race. I got a little drunk and then eventually made it home.

I am probably getting my days mixed up, but most all of this is what I can remember. You can also check out a couple of the pictures I took during SXSW here, I will post some more up later.

My legs are sore as fuck from all of the riding that I did this weekend, but I am sure that I will have something more "bike" for you later.

til next time


OLC

No comments:

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter