Friday, April 17, 2009

cross club#9

Just got this in mail.....be there!!!



"I actually DO want to throw a race tonight.

The rest of you mugs - I've been threatening to do it and now the timing, my health, and the weather have joined forces to make this the most awesome/shitty day to throw a race.

Here's the specs:

Name: Cross Club #(sixty)9 (in honor of my page placement in the Chron and the fact that the last one was actually the second #7. hehe duh)
Start/finish: Lamar Ped Bridge
Time: 8:30 pm
Date: 4/17/09, aka TONIGHT!!
Prizes: First place: Honor, glory, muddy teeth. Second: A deep sense of regret. Third: The best/worst story you'll ever tell your grandkids.
Cost: $5
Required equipment:
- Helmet
- Lights
- Grippy tires
- Someone to cheer you to glory. Recommendations for spectators to bring: Portlanders, Seattle-dwellers, or maybe a buddy from Belgium.

So I don't want to hear any excuses. If you can't make it, it's your loss my friend. Just know that the first Cross Crusade I went to this year had 1200 attendees!! The corners were PACKED with spectators. Some drunk, some old, all smiles. Let's do this shit already!

I'll see you on the battlefield"



I can't make it, because I will be in Houston for the MS 150.....


til next time



OLC






No comments:

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter