Thursday, April 24, 2008

Training

So between now and the Tour de Cure I will be training at the Veloway. The ride out there is far, but it is nice to ride and not worry about any cars. Today was the second time that I have been there. I rode 9 laps which is 28.53 miles. I would have rode 10, but I got a flat and didn't feel like fixing it.The days that I will be going down there are Tuesday's and Thursday's. If you wanna join, let me know.

Jenn went out there with me today, and she rode seven laps, then she saw me sitting because I was finished and she was done.

I also talked to a guy that is doing the Tour also and this is going to be his 8th year to do it. I told him that I was going to do it on my fixed and he asked what ratio I was running, I told him that I was riding 48x14 but, for the ride I was going to change it to 42x14. He said that there are rolling hills on the route, but nothing to extreme, and that I should be able to handle it.

So I am pretty excited about it and am ready for the ride already. One thing that I can tell you is that, I won't wear fucking cycling shorts, but I will get the kind that go under regular shorts. My ass hurt today after almost a thirty mile ride. So yeah yeah, you can make fun of me if you want, but you ride around for a few hours and thirty or sixty miles and see how your ass feels.

til next time


OLC

No comments:

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter