Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Austin should put something together like this

Recently, on my daily surfing of the web, I found this video on youtube.



I'm going to put together a letter and maybe a petition to get something like this put into place. I think as a police training video, this will help cyclist and police officers know the full law and actually help cyclist. The video is a little cheesy, but I am sure that if the cycling community and the APD work together, we could put something together that is very similar if not way better. Once I get the petition together I will post a link to it here. Feel free to send your email address to me, and I will keep you up to date on what is going on.

If you have any ideas, or thoughts on this, please let me know.


til next time

OLC

4 comments:

j e n n said...

i'll help you :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing this out. I agree with the "cheesy" part, although the actual meat of it is good. It had enough for about a 5-minute film, not 10.

one Les car said...

Yeah I agree about the length of the video. I would like to see something like this happen, and then maybe put together a 30 second video that could be used as a commercial. Basically saying that bicycles have the right to be on the road and to be careful when driving.

Just an idea....

dypsokat said...

as if the cops would be that mindful of the cyclist.

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter