Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Another cyclist in Austin dies

This is going to be in the statesman tomorrow (today). When are people going to start paying more attention when they are driving. How many cyclist need to die before people realize that cyclist are also traffic on the road? It is the same old story, the sun was in my eyes, I didn't see them there. Maybe if you paid a little more attention then you would see that you are not the center of the universe.

Another husband, father, brother and cyclist is now gone. I wish I didn't have to write blogs about cyclist getting hit, or dying, but I feel like the people how do read my blog need to know, and I wish that people who don't read it that would.

My heart goes out to his family and friends. If you do drive as well as ride, pay attention. I know you do, because you don't want to be on the end of being hit.

til next time

OLC

1 comment:

Adriel said...

If you know anyone who drives impatiently, have them read this:

http://austincyclenews.com/?p=31

Maybe it will help, maybe it will not. But I believe everything I said.

Enough Waiting for Bicycle Infrastructure. Click Here to Sign The Austin Bike Plan Petition

Free Web Counter

Free Counter